Pages

Friday 12 June 2015

Life in the Trenches

Life in the Trenches
WALT: Write a journal on a real event

Tuesday July 1 1915

As I was running I was shot on the leg , blood dripped down on the ground. I was frozen from what just happened . I saw the dead soldiers on the ground, I was tired and cold. I couldn’t run I was wounded . I hit the horrific hard ground and screamed in agony .

1 hour later….
A soldier came by and helped me up . He noticed I was suffering and took me to the nurse . But when we got there blackness was all I could see .


Wednesday July 18 1915

I woke up and I saw soldiers wounded on hospital beds with nurses looking after them . I tried to get up but my strength was no use . All I saw was bandages on my leg and blood everywhere . A nurse came up to me and gave me medicine to swallow.  After that I was dizzy and I slept.


Friday July 20 1915

I woke up and the nurse said I was fine and I was in coma for 2 days .She said I would be fine and go out there to serve our nation. So I walked out grabbed my weapons and went out to the battlefield. I hid in the bushes and made sure no one saw me . When one soldier  was standing there I threw a blade and he was dead . I made sure no one saw me and crawled on the ground. I noticed the rivals weren’t looking properly . I got my bomb and threw it and ran . BOOM!!! I checked if it was clear and entered .
5 hours later….
I was running for my life and shot a soldier and then found a Australian soldier wounded . I picked him up and took him to where soldiers are taken care of. After I did that I went back to War.


Sunday 24th July 1915

I ran and ran until I reached my destination and check if there are any soldiers . As I was checking I spotted a soldier hiding in a bush and I shot him and he yelped in pain . I was in trouble  when he yelped . So I shot the other soldier with my rifle and they called backup . But before they could call other soldiers and I made sure they were distracted and I ran as fast as my legs could carry me . A soldier saw this and snapped out of his gaze and got out his pistol and shot one of my friends . As soon as I saw this it was time for revenge . So I got out my steyr mannlicher gun and shot the soldier,I  picked up Derek my best friend and ran .


Monday  25 July 1915

I got Derek to the nurse , he thanked me for saving his life . The nurse said he can not walk for 5 weeks and has to go back to NZ . I was shocked at first but it was for his own sake . He was crying and told me good luck and he said ‘’ I will tell your parents that you have honoured NZ .’’


Tuesday 26  July 1915

After Derek left the nurse I ran and ran and  my legs were out of energy . One of my mates David F.A was running for his life and shot the soldier behind me . I panicked, because blood was everywhere and dead bodies were lying on the ground . My Mother was right all along, it wasn’t fun or exciting . I shot the soldier in the bushes and looked for shelter . My energy was drained . I was cautious for any rivals and silence was all I could hear. I caught a soldier and waited for the right time to attack him . I took out my rifle and aimed and took a shot . I jumped up the tree and hid there and sleep  took over me.  


Wednesday 30 July 2015

I saw the sunlight coming up and knew soldiers are  coming. I waited and waited until I saw 2 soldiers . I got out my rifle and shot both of them . I climbed down the tree and made sure there was no rival soldiers watching me . I tiptoed to the fence and jumped off. But someone saw me and shot me in the chest. I laid down and waited for hours for someone to save me. But as soon as a NZ soldier came to save my life I was surrounded by blackness and darkness took over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment