Pages

Wednesday 19 August 2015

My Goals

Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 12.33.14 PM.png
Goals: Term 3-4 2015
My Goals
Maths
Where am I at?
I am at Stage 6.


What I can do--
I can  divide and multiply decimals and fractions. I know how to solve some percentage problems, subtracting decimals using standard form, bedmas and solving some word problems given by the teacher.


What do I need to improve on?
I need to improve on my ratio and proportion,dividing complex decimals, percentage of quantities, discounts, algebra problems to my level, exponents, angles, word problems and consolidate bedmas.


Writing
Where am I at?
I am at the beginning of level four (4B).


What do I need to work on next?   Idea
Grading: R5
I  need to gather information and ideas that are more in depth and be able to explain them further, and look for more facts about the topic.


What do I need to work on for the structure in a text?
Grading: R4
I need to think about the structure or features of the writing I am doing. If I am doing an explanation then I should make my introduction more probing. I also need to work on more language features and vocabulary appropriate for the topic. I need to use technical words in my story or report.

What do I need to work on for organisation so I can achieve?
Grading: R5
I need to write paragraphs. I need to group sentences with same ideas. I need to make my brainstorm orderly so that I can write in good order. I need to explain further my stories to make my reader interested in my story.


What can I do to improve my vocabulary?
Grading:R4
I can improve by selecting words and phrases to strengthen the meaning by using synonym  of the word. Build up my vocabulary and technical words to use in my writing. I will make more effort in all my writing by using good and interesting words.


What do I need to work on for my sentences?
Grading:R4
I need to show variety, structure and length in my sentences. I also need to work on extending phrases and clauses. I can do this by using different sentence starters, using rhetorical question, simile, metaphor to add interest in my story.


What do I need to improve on my punctuation?
Grading: R4
I need to correct my punctuation and correct other use of punctuation in order to achieve this goal. Try to use commas, semi-colon, colon and speech marks when needed.


What can I do to improve my spelling?
Grading:R5
Need to work on spelling high frequency words, hard words with no mistake.


Reading
Which age level am I at?
I am at age 12-13. I am beginning to read thick books and different authors. My book review are getting interesting. I try to get good books to read from the library.


What do I need to work on?
I need to work on my vocabulary and use of new words. I need to continuously read good novels. I will regularly do my book review.


Inquiry
Do I ask questions to inquire?
Yes I can because my topic book is full of questions.


Are my questions interesting and open-ended?
Sometimes because I tried to ask easy questions. Sometimes my teacher ask me to change them.


Do I know how to look for information and gather info?
I know how to look for info and gather info because I was taught an easy way how to skim and scan faster by my teacher.


Do I know how to write info?
I know how to write info because my teacher Mrs Cochrane taught me how to write my own info by not copyrighting.


What do I need to work on next time?
I need to ask more questions that are interesting and open-ended and collaborate in groups doing experiments, making presentation and projects.
By:Tino


10 comments:

  1. Great job Tino
    Keep the great work up

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing you have a lot of goals to work on and I think that you will accomplish your goals. Keep Up The Great Work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tino,
    Great work. I love your book review because it was very interesting.
    I also love the picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AJ for the comment but this is not my BOOK REVIEW!
      From
      Tino

      Delete
    2. Thanks AJ for the comment but this is not my BOOK REVIEW!
      From
      Tino

      Delete
    3. Thanks AJ for the comment but this is not my BOOK REVIEW!
      From
      Tino

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it was on the wrong one

    ReplyDelete