Pages

Monday 4 July 2016

Protest writing about Oscar Romero







“Aah!!” I screamed as a bullet is shot at Oscar
Romero.
He falls in agony as people run towards him. Shock takes over me. My stomach churns as I take a step on the altar and my heart starts beating fast as I look at the sight in front of me. Warm salty tears pour down my cheeks as I stand horrified and disgusted as. Fear runs through my veins as as people try to save him. I close my eyes and pray it’s a dream, but when I open my eyes, I’m faced with reality. A metallic scent is coming off him. I feel vomit starting to come out of my throat as I walk closer. All around the altar is pool of  dark red liquid slowly spreading. I clench my fist in anger so hard knuckles are turning white. I turn away from the sight in front of me and look around. Many people are still in shock and some have fainted. As I walk away from the altar i notice my white dress is stained with blood.

Many are praying that he may survive but I know it is too late.
My eyes burned as I tried to hold back the tears that were coming out. I looked at the man who gave me hope and courage to stand up against the Government, now it’s gone.
“No he’s gone!” I hear a voice at the back of the altar.
I try to stay calm and be emotionless but the cause of loss pains me. Despair, sadness and anger are written all over the faces I am familiar with. I clutch on my white satin dress as I am faced to the cross. I hear sobbing and whimpering at the back of me. Sitting down on the stairs near the altar and look blankly at the white ceiling. Time seems to have frozen as I yell out in sadness to the cross
“WHY DID YOU HAVE TO TAKE HIM AWAY!” “HE WAS OUR ONLY HOPE NOW HE IS GONE!”
“Why are you so angry?” a voice with a hint of sadness in it says from behind me. I look around and am faced with a man who looked in his early fifties.

I say to him “I am angry because I am faced with the cruel reality that seems to only have despair and darkness in it.”
He looks at me and says  “Can you hear yourself? You sound like the world has ended. Oscar wouldn’t have wanted this! Have faith and stay strong!”
I look at him in shock as he starts to walk away.
“May he rest in peace” I whisper hoarsely.
By:Fuatino


3 comments:

  1. Hi im Joe from Yaldhurst Model School

    WOW! I really liked your detailed writing its looks like
    the Original. I liked how you hooked me into this story.
    Also who was at the funeral?

    Many, thanks Joe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joe,
    Thank you for the thoughtful comment,I really appreciate it and 250,000 people were at his funeral.
    Fuatino.S

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tragic story, it has made me interested and I've never seen this before. Good Job. Also, who are his family members?

    ReplyDelete